We will be closed for the 4th Of July weekend. Please see our calendar for more details.
Interested in skipping your loan payment this month?
You may be able to take advantage of our Skip-A-Pay program. This service is available once every 12 months on auto and personal loans that have been open for at least 12 months. It is not available on mortgages, home equity loans or open-ended credit (such as a VISA or credit line). Here's how it works:
- Simply submit a Skip-A-Payment Request Form at least 10 days prior to your due date.
(Complete it online, drop it off, fax it, or mail it to your local branch office.)
- We will review your request to confirm that:
- Your account is in good standing,
- You have a $5.00 balance in your RFCU share savings or checking account,
- Your loan payment is not being made by any credit insurance, and
- You have not requested a Skip-A-Pay in the last 12 months.
- We will contact you only if your request is denied.
Important Information about the Skip-A-Pay Service:
- Your Skip-A-Payment request must be submitted at least 10 days prior to your loan payment due date.
- A $35 processing fee may be withdrawn from your checking or savings account (you select the account) for each loan payment you want to skip.
- Interest will still accrue as your loan term is extended.
- You are responsible for suspending automatic payments you have initiated for the month you select to skip.
Apply now to skip your next payment! If you have any questions regarding this service please call the Member Information Center at 781-878-0232 or 800-562-7328 during regular business hours.
Skip-A-Pay Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Is there a fee for accepting the Skip-A-Pay offer?
A: Yes. A $35 fee will be charged for each loan payment skipped.
Q: Which of my loans is eligible for Skip-A-Pay?
Q: Personal and auto loans may be eligible for this service. However, several factors may cause a loan to be ineligible for Skip-A-Pay:
- Your loan payment due date has already passed.
- The loan is Real Estate (mortgage or home equity) or Open-Ended line of credit (VISA and credit lines).
- A Skip-A-Pay was already taken in the last 12 months.
Q: Why can't I skip my Credit Card or my Real Estate loan payment?
A: Real Estate loans and credit lines have special regulations that prevent us from offering this service
Q: What if I don't have the $35 fee available in my savings or checking for the payment skip?
A: Simply deposit or transfer funds to a savings or checking account at the credit union, or include a check when you deliver your request to the credit union.
Q: Will I still be charged interest if my payment is skipped?
A: Yes, interest will accrue even though your payment is deferred.
Q: Will the processing fee be refunded if my request is not approved?
A: Yes, if your request is not approved we will credit your share savings account $35.00 (if you sent a check with your request) or we will not deduct the fee from your checking or savings account (if you requested we do so).
Q: How many times can I skip my payments?
A: Once every 12 months.
Q: Which payment can I skip?
A: The one that is currently due. For example: If you want to skip January's payment, you must wait until the December payment has been made.
Q: If I do not want to skip my payment now, can I do it some other month?
A: Yes, this program is now available year-round-one skip every 12 months.
Q: My payment was due yesterday. Is it too late to skip?
A: Yes, you must submit your Skip-A-Pay request at least 10 business days prior to your due date.
Q: What do I do if I need assistance in processing my request?
A: Contact our Member Information Center (800-562-7328) or your closest RFCU branch for assistance.