Loan Payment Assistance
Need a break? Depending on the type of loan you have with RFCU, there are two options available to provide payment assistance on your RFCU loan:
Consumer Loan Skip-A-Payment
Interested in skipping your consumer loan payment this month?
You may be able to take advantage of our Skip-A-Payment program.
Here’s how it works:
1. Eligible Loans: RFCU Consumer Loans and RFCU VISA Credit Cards
2. It is recommended that you submit a Skip-A-Payment Request Form at least 10 days prior to your due date.(Complete it online, drop it off, or mail it to 241 Union St., Rockland, MA 02370.)
3. If you wish to request a skip-a-payment for more than one loan, you must submit one form per eligible loan.
4. We will review your request to confirm that:
o You have a $5.00 balance in your RFCU share savings or checking account,
o Your loan payment is not being made by any credit insurance.
5. We will contact you only if your request is denied.
If you have any questions regarding Skip-A-Payment Service, please call the Member Service Center at (800) 562-7328 during regular business hours.
COVID-19 Payment Relief
Request a deferment of payment due to hardship caused by COVID-19 on any type of RFCU loan.
In direct response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) public health concern, Rockland Federal Credit Union has created the RFCU COVID-19 Payment Relief Plan.
Here’s how it works:
1. It is recommended to submit your request to RFCU at least ten (10) business days before loan payment is due.
2. You must complete one COVID-19 Payment Relief Request Form per loan. (Complete it online, drop it off, or mail it to 241 Union St., Rockland, MA 02370.)
3. You will be contacted within 2 business days of receipt of your request.
If you have questions regarding COVID-19 Payment Relief Requests, please call the Collections Department at (800) 562-7328 and select option “3” during regular business hours.
Important Information about the Skip-A-Payment Service and COVID-19 Payment Relief Deferments:
• The $35 fee has been waived effective March 19, 2020.
• Interest will still accrue as your loan term is extended.
• You are responsible for suspending any automatic payments you have initiated for the month(s) that payments are skipped or deferred.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Is there currently a fee for Skip-A-Payment or COVID-19 Relief Request processing?
A: No. The $35 fee has been waived effective March 19, 2020.
Q: Which of my loans is eligible for Skip-A-Pay?
A: Personal, auto loans and the RFCU VISA credit card may be eligible for this service. For payment relief on a Real Estate (mortgage or home equity) or Open-Ended personal line of credit you must submit a COVID-19 Payment Relief Request.
Q: Will I still be charged interest if I skip or defer my payment?
A: Yes, interest will accrue even though your payment is deferred.
Q: How many times can I request a Skip-A-Payment?
A: Once every 12 months.
Q: If I do not want to skip my payment now, can I do it some other month?
A: For a Consumer Loan Skip-A-Payment, yes, this program is available year-round, one skip every 12 months.
Q: What do I do if I need assistance in processing my request?
A: For assistance regarding our Skip-A-Payment Service, contact our Member Service Center at (800) 562-7328 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For Assistance regarding a COVID-19 Payment Relief Request, contact our Collections Department at (800) 562-7328, option “3.”